As a Fine Art enthusiast, the trainer of the Master Class in Fine Arts and Body Painting for Artists and Makeup Artists has been painting and sculpting from a very young age. She began a transformation into the makeup and special effects industry, where as an artist, she envisaged her passion for colour and creativity could be enhanced by using the human face, body and hair as the canvas.
Beginning her training in New York at the New York Studio school she then moved to Australia to continue her studies at the National Art school where she achieved a Fine Arts Degree. She also professionally trained at MAC as a MAC PRO Artist and Product Specialist and has been teaching Makeup artistry and body painting for over 10 years.
Having worked closely with many production houses including channel 7, 9, 10, SBS, Foxtel, MTV, Triple M, The arias and several fashion weeks including Mercedes Benz Australia and New York Fashion Week, her work has also regularly appeared in publications such as Harpers Bazaar Black & White, Culture Magazine, Cosmopolitan hair & Beauty, Cleo, Marie Claire, Nine to Five and Professional Beauty and she is regularly contribute to beauty editors of magazines such as Marie Claire, Cleo, Cosmo and Glamour etc.
Training for this Master Class is delivered in a classroom which is trainer led. The trainer will provide reference materials and will use theory and practical demonstrations as the main method of teaching. Students will also need to prepare work in their own time in response to homework tasks. Below is an overview of what we will cover in the Master class.
- Fine Arts teachings and skills
- Setting your goals for the course
- Seamless blending
- Strength of contrast
- Creating skin tone colours
- Creating all colours
- Creating 3 dimensional outcomes
- Tonal value
- Use of different techniques to achieve desired result
- Use of different resources and materials to create desired results
- Use of different brush stroke techniques and brush hair types for desired outcome
- Creating body charts
- Planning and executing from A to Z
- Creating characters
- Preparing and looking after your model
- Professional photo shoot with photographs
- Have a broader understanding of relating fine arts into makeup
- Mindset and mindfulness and how it relates to being a better artist
- You will walk away knowing how to achieve and turn the
“I can’t do that” into “I can’t believe I just achieved that”
- Strengthening your weaknesses and already learned skills
- Skills and techniques to become a more confident artist/makeup artist
- Skills and techniques to make your work 3 dimensional
- You will be able to Incorporate fine arts into makeup art
- Create characters through fine arts techniques
- Understand neutralizing, tonal Value, shadows, lighting etc
- Create any skin tone colour from Primary colours
- How to plan from conception to execution to allow you to recreate any image
- Increased confidence in body paint ability to create any body paint work you desire
- Create more seamless work
- Seamless blending techniques
- Colour creation
- Product and equipment knowledge
Certificate of achievement:
Upon completion of this four day master class you will receive a certificate of achievement. Please ensure when enrolling in the course that you enter your name as you would like it to appear on your certificate.
The cost of the course is $800. Upon enrolment you need to pay a non refundable deposit of $200. This can be done through EFT. You will be provided with bank account details upon enrolment. Course enrolment will not be confirmed until payment has been made. The balance of the course fee is payable on day one of your course. Please note you will not be able to participate in the course if you have not paid the full fee by the due date.
Fees can be paid via EFT. Please ensure that the remaining balance of your payment will show in our account on day one of your course. As this is a Monday, we recommend you make the payment Thursday prior to the course start date.
Body Paint kit and materials required to complete the course:
Your course kit is included in the course cost. The products listed below will be provided to you on day one of the course.
Your kit includes:
× 1 x Learner Guide
× 1 x Red Kryolan Aquacolour paint
× 1 x Yellow Kryolan Aquacolour Paint
× 1 x Blue Kryolan Aquacolour Paint
× 1 x Black Kryolan Aquacolour Paint
× 1 x White Kryolan Aquacolour paint
× 2 x Small canvas’
× 3 x Synthetic Brushes
× 1 x Natural hair brush
× 1 x pack of Sponges
× 1 x pack of drop sheets
× Professional photograph of your final work
The below products will be available for use in class:
× Painters mixing palettes
× Any other tools and products necessary to complete learning tasks
On day 3 of the course you will participate in a professional photoshoot where you will execute your chosen body paint look. You will receive one professionally produced photograph image of your final look.
Materials students need to bring to class:
Students will require a pen, notepad and a device that is able to access the internet. Your phone is fine but ipad/laptop is better as images are larger and clearer.
You will need to provide a USB so we can load your image/s onto it at the end of the course. Your professional image will be uploaded to this USB also. Please ensure you place your USB in an envelope with your name on it or if possible attach it to a key ring that has your name clearly written on it. This USB must be brought to class on day 3 of the course.
Students will need a body paint model for the last day of the course. Please ensure this person is comfortable with the chosen look you wish to create. Eg: if you need the person to be clothing free from the waist up then ensure you inform them of this before they commit. We can talk about preserving modesty for all models in class.
You may need to purchase some extra paint colours/ products for your execution day depending on the look you choose.
- Makeup artists/other artists currently in the industry who want to perfect their makeup and/or body painting skills and who want to incorporate fine arts knowledge to make them better makeup artists/artists.
- Makeup artists/artists who are looking to get back into the industry
- Any other artists who want to perfect their already learned skills or learn some new skills
- Have suitable language, literacy and numeracy skills to read and comprehend learning materials.
You can enrol online via Sydney College of Makeup Art website. www.makeupcourse.com.au
Click on the enrol now button. You will complete an application to enrol then will be contacted by the admin staff at the college to finalise your enrolment.